December and November 2020

Dear CMA Partner Investors

 

I am writing to update you regarding business performance for Central Marketing Associates (CMA).  November and December financials have remained consistent with the EBITDA values at which we purchased the business. During these two months, we further reduced costs in the organization by closing two positions that were underperforming expectations. We also added a new full-time sales broker who is doing great and has produced sales every week since he started on December 2, 2020. These transitions were smooth, resulted in no disruption to business outcomes and are already demonstrating positive top and bottom line impact on the business. 

 

December distributions will be sent by January 29, 2020. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 202-468-3799 or via email. 

 

Best,

Aakif

 

October 2020

Dear CMA Partner Investors

 

I am writing to update you regarding October business performance for Central Marketing Associates (CMA).  October financials were consistent with September performance results matching the EBITDA values at which we purchased the business. In October we reduced overhead costs by implementing adjustments in headcount and consolidating back office roles. These transitions were smooth and resulted in no disruption to business outcomes. We also implemented a new bonus plan tying sales performance to revenue and profitability metrics. This is the first time the company has adopted a performance-based bonus plan and it was received with enthusiasm by all staff. 

 

I will continue to share brief updates with you. As a reminder, profit share distributions accrue from the first month of ownership and initial distributions will take place at the end of the third month. Please anticipate first distributions to arrive in December 2020. 

 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 202-468-3799 or via email. 

 

Best,

Aakif

 

September 2020

Dear CMA Partner Investors

I am pleased to write an initial investor update following our first full month of ownership of Central Marketing Associates (CMA). As you know, with your participation, we acquired 51% of the shares of CMA, while the founding owners own the remaining 49%. The founders remain active day to day managers of the company and have forged a very good collaborative working relationship with us. 

 

Our September financials matched the EBITDA values at we purchased the business. We continue to see great opportunities to improve sales and increase the company’s EBITDA. The initial business thesis to increase EBITDA by lowering overhead costs remains on track. Overall the transition has been quite smooth. We have strong rapport with the founders and with key employees. Our team has been onsite regularly over the past several weeks at the Delaware, Ohio office working closely with the team and held a very productive first Board meeting in September.

 

I will continue to share brief updates with you. As a reminder, profit share distributions accrue from the first month of ownership and initial distributions will take place at the end of the third month. Please anticipate first distributions to arrive in December 2020. 

 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 202-468-3799 or via email. 

 

Best

Aakif

Log In to Connect With Members
View and follow other members, leave comments & more.